Software engineer with >12 years experience with a focus on cutting-edge front end engineering.
Previously I have worked as a full-time contributor to Boardroom, a crypto governance aggregation platform where I served as lead front end engineer and architect. I’ve also recently contributed in a part-time capacity to Alchemist and Screensaver and have made contributions to several open source web3 libraries, including wagmi, onboard, and use-wallet.
I have built, shipped, and maintained several high-quality open source projects over the course of my career and keep a strong pulse on modern front end practices and emerging web3 conventions.
During my 2-month trial period (from October-December 2021), I was lead front engineer on the team that shipped HyperVIBES, a public and free protocol that lets you infuse any ERC-20 token into ERC-721 NFTs from any minting platform. I also helped guide and mentor other engineers on projects like MagicMint.
Following up my 2-month trial period, I will continue my efforts within R Group as a core contributor, primarily functioning as a lead front end engineer and architect. This proposal will kick off my first 6-month membership, and will include the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, bootstrap, and test new project ideas by building focused proofs of concept
- Lead and build the group’s front end tooling and ecosystem contribution efforts
- Innovate on current UI/UX conventions within the DAO and NFT spaces
- Write critical and forward-thinking articles about DAOs, NFTs, and my experience building in the space
- Advance R Group’s external image through evolved branding and web presence
- Provide weekly goals / accomplishments via Discord
- Reach social consensus among the dev-wg before committing to a project and provide clear deliverables, product brief, timetable, kill criteria, etc.
- Provide transparent updates during project development
- Attend and participate in all relevant DAO calls
- Invite continual honest critiques / challenges / feedback from fellow DAO members
- Clearly inform the DAO of AFK/OOO time
- Build fast
- Share everything
- Foster collaboration
- Bias toward experimentation
- Influence others through action and execution
- Remain open to rabbit holes
- Don’t proactively impose structure
- Don’t be afraid to kill projects
- Don’t search rigorously for answers, let them emerge
|Experience-based (10 years x $500)||$5,000|
This is based on compensation guidelines in R Group Structure, Goals, & Processes, and is equivalent to a $199,200 / year salary compensation, which is in line with previous full-time compensation of mine and current market rates given my experience and quality of output.
Payments can be made at any interval <= 1 month, and in any ERC-20 with sufficient liquidity on any blockchain with a bridge to ETH.
This compensation is not completely guaranteed, as it depends on R Group having the money to pay it: in other words, if R Group doesn’t have the money, it’s not on the hook to pay my salary.
Also: continued custody of 1 R Group Member Token.