I propose creating a group of people within the DAO who are responsible for helping steer the overall direction and strategy for the DAO.
Traditionally, within a centralized org, there is a group of C-level roles who help craft this direction. Being a DAO does not mean we should not have a broad direction and strategy. Any group of people, be it Religion, Countries or DAOs, should have core people who set the vision in order to actually move.
This group is tasked with having a purview of all that is happening within the DAO, and understanding how to best coorperate between Working Groups.
There is a tendency within growing DAOs to silo off into Working Groups - the CSR helps counter that. The group of people within the CSR may change over time, but will generally consist of the group of people in the community who are best able to represent all of the different efforts, happening in all of the Working Groups.
Make no mistake, as we grow, no single person will have a complete picture, but the folks in this group are certainly the ones who can best relay the information, and coordinate with other CSR members to ensure things are moving. There is a high requirement from the people in this group to ensure things get done.
The implementation of this is quite easy:
- a discord group and reoccurring meetings (Monday’s WG sync are good for this)
- the election from each of the working groups on which member is part of that group
- a vote in favor of the creation of one of these groups by each working group
- How much power does this group have power over? For example, if they decide something is not high priority, what happens if people just decide to do it anyways?
- Maybe they are just “recommending” a strategy and trying to prioritize major efforts
Note strategy is more than just strategy: it’s developing the strategy, communicating it to the rest of the DAO, evaluating and giving feedback to proposals based on it, etc.